the second sentence so that it has more or
less the same meaning as the first. Use between
two and four words in each sentence.
I was too ill to go to the party.
I wish I
I took the wrong clothes on holiday.
I wish I had
the right clothes on holiday.
(2) My family didn't see me perform in the
I wish my family had
me perform in the play.
(3) I can't remember where I put my keys.
If only I
remember where I put my keys!
(4) I failed the exam because I didn't study.
If I had studied I
failed the exam.
(5) I didn't say anything because I didn't
hear you come in.
you come in, I would have said something.
(6) It's a pity that you didn't come to
I wish you had
to the party.
(7) I know the answer because I studied
medicine, I wouldn't know the answer.