You and your English friend who has come to visit
you are planning to go on a trip together.
Discuss with her/him which of the following options
you would be interested in and choose one you
both like best:
• bus tour of 5 ancient Russian towns in 7 days
• seaside resort
• mountain resort
• sea voyage
You begin the
conversation. The examiner will play the part
of your English friend.
• discuss all the options
• be polite
• take an active part in the conversation:
- explain the situation
- come up with your ideas
- give good reasons
- find out your friend’s attitudes and take them
- invite your friend to come up with suggestions
• come to an agreement
экзаменатора-собеседника задания C3
Task 2 (3-4 minutes)
You and your Russian friend (а student) are planning
to go on a trip together. You are discussing different
options you could choose from. The student begins
These are your ideas about each option:
Bus tour of 5 ancient Russian towns іn 7 days
- Travelling by bus isn't comfortable at all,
especially at night: we wouldn't be able to sleep
- Our fellow travellers may be too noisy so we
wouldn't be able to hear what the guide is saying.
- Riding on the bus for a long time may be exhausting.
- We would visit a lot of museums in a short period
of time. We might make a mess of the trip.
- We would stay in each town for such a short
time that we wouldn't be able to appreciate their
- It is a good opportunity to learn a lot about
various cultures and lifestyles.
- I am interested in architecture and we would
be able to see many beautiful palaces. old churches
and splendid squares.
- It would be fun to try Russian food at different
cafes and restaurants.
- We would have a good chance to meet a lot of
interesting people and make friends with our fellow
- There wouldn't be much to do except staying
on the beach all the time. We might get bored
- I don't like the idea of lying in the sun all
day long. It might be dangerous.
- There are usually too many children on the beach.
They are constantly running around, playing in
the sand and splashing water, which is annoying.
- There are a lot of things we could do on the
beach: riding water bikes. diving. snorkeling
or water skiing.
- We could stay on the beach early in the morning
or late in the afternoon when the sun isn't so
- In the afternoon we could rest in the hotel
or swim in the bore! swimming pool.
- We could eat a lot of fruit and vegetables.
They are usually cheap in summer.
- They say it is often too cold there especially
in the evenings and I haven't brought warm clothes.
(I can't stand cold weather.)
- We don't have any skiing equipment and
it is very expensive to buy.
- Downhill skiing is very risky. Besides. I'm
afraid of height.
- We would be able to enjoy magnificent mountain
- We might also see some rare plants and animals.
That's really exiting.
- The air in the mountains is exceptionally clean.
- Experienced coaches could teach us downhill
- We may get seasick if the sea gets rough and
we may not enjoy the trip at all.
- The cabins might be small and I feel uncomfortable
when l have to stay in such rooms for a long time
- Boat voyages are extremely expensive. I'm afraid
my parents wouldn't be able to afford it.
- Modern ships are safe and comfortable.
- Travelling by sea is very nice. Looking at water
around you makes you feel relaxed.
- There are a lot of things we could do on board
the ship: go to a disco, watch a film or just
sit on the deck and sunbathe. (They offer a wide
range of entertainment programmes and shows on
board the ship.)
Note: Make sure all the options have been discussed.